The perfect T-shirt underneath knitwear or a shirt, made in a fine cotton with mesh panels more commonly seen on sportswear.
Simon had worn this model of T-shirt for years from Hamilton & Hare, and could speak to its comfort, quality and longevity. But there were always a couple of niggles - specifically around the body fit and neckline. So together with the H&H team, he created the PS version, with a more regular body fit and flattering collar.
The T-shirt is made of an open-weave, 100% cotton. It also has panels of a pique mesh running up the side body, which add breathability and remove the need for side seams - a construction technique really only used elsewhere on sportswear.
The material fits closely to start with, but then grows slightly, adapting to your body. That stretch was part of the reason the product came about: "I wanted to change the sizing compared to the H&H version," says Simon. "I found a Medium became too big in the body for me, so I had to size down to a Small, but with a 39-inch chest and 34-inch waist, I’m not really a small."
So the PS iteration has a slightly slimmer fit, one readers will be used to from PS shirts and knitwear. The neckline was also altered to be more in line with the PS Tapered T-shirt: a close neck line which allows for a clean look when layered.
For all the details, read the full article on PermanentStyle.com here
- 100% fine cotton
- Tubular knit, with no body seams
- Flat, forward seams on the shoulders
- Mesh pique panels in the side body
- Ribbed hem
- Body fits slightly slim, but grows as you wear it, adapting to size
- As a result, can fit up to two inches larger in width than shown in the chart below; will feel snug when first worn
- Simon wears a Medium and has a 39-inch chest, a 34-inch waist
- In the images, it has been worn it all day and loosened to size
- Long in the body, designed to be tucked in and stay that way