A summer bomber jacket that works just as well with tailoring as with jeans.
Based off a vintage Harrington, and inspired by an old linen Hermes bomber of Simon's, this jacket is made from a lightweight but firm linen and cut in a blousy style.
It is designed to be tight at the waist (with elastic panels at the back, not all the way round - much more elegant) to allow for a full, flattering shape around the upper body.
Ingeniously, Simon took the traditional back yoke of a Harrington and turned it into a ventilation mechanism, with gaps between the yoke and body allowing even more air to flow through the jacket.
You can read more about the germination for the jacket on the original PS article here.
- Harrington-style jacket with zip front and button collar and cuffs
- 270g dark-navy linen
- Unpolished two-hole horn buttons, as preferred by me on Savile Row tailoring
- Slim RiRi zip made in Switzerland
- Jacket made in Manchester by Private White VC
- Two reverse-welt hip pockets and two internal, patch breast pockets
- Vents to allow air movement between back body and yoke
|X-Small (2)||Small (3)||Medium (4)||Large (5)||X-Large (6)||XX-Large (7)|