Friday Polo: One-piece collar
The latest iteration of our popular Friday Polo - in the same cut, cloth and colours, but with a wonderfully nonchalant one-piece collar.
The heavy pique-cotton of the Polo continues to make it wearable year-round in the UK.
The long body, shirt cuffs and bespoke details (like a small armhole) also make it particularly good under tailoring.
But the one-piece collar gives this version a more relaxed air - a natural extension and slightly more degagé version of the standard Friday Polo.
The collar is made from a single piece of material that flows from the placket on the front, up into the collar, round the neck and down again, giving it a very different feel to a shirt with its separate placket, stand and collar.
It rolls around the edge of a jacket collar, or indeed knitwear, beautifully, framing the face in the same way a good button-down shirt will.
The one-piece collar Friday Polo is available in four colours: navy, white, green and grey.
These are all colours we have used in the past, so if you have bought a Friday Polo previously, you will be familiar with them.
For those not familiar with the Friday Polo, here are some details:
- The project was started in 2015 with Neapolitan bespoke shirtmaker Luca Avitabile, who has been making my shirts for a few years.
- The idea was to use the best materials and as much as possible make them in the same way as Luca’s bespoke shirts.
- Everything is hand cut, and there are five points of handwork: hand-inserted sleeves, buttonholes, buttons, gussets, and ends of the cuff placket.
- The style is like a shirt, so shirt cuff, and long in the body and tail, designed to be worn tucked in.
- It uses a relatively heavy pique cotton, and mother of pearl buttons.
- The shirts have a moderately slim fit.
- In the images we are all wearing mediums except Keita, who is wearing a small.
- If you are unsure about fit, we recommend comparing the measurements below to a polo shirt you currently own. They are in centimetres.
Chest Waist Yoke Sleeve Body
S 102 92 40 61 75
M 106 96 44 65 76
L 116 106 47 69 81
XL 124 114 48 69 81